Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weekend Project



Well,

We went to Home Depot again for the materials. We got six cedar boards, measuring 2 x 10. We got screws, nails and a ridiculous amount of garden soil, including 3 bags of cow poop.

While I leveled the ground, Brent carried and carried and carried soil and poop.

Then we (okay, Brent) put the box together. The final box dimensions were 5' x 10'...HUGE.

After fussing with the box...and each other...we were happy that it was level and square. Brent scootered to get us some lunch, as it was late, and I put the soil and the poop in the box.

I set the plants where I wanted to plant them. Done for Saturday.

On Sunday, I started to play in the dirt...and the poop.

I planted all the plants, and Brent set up the watering system.

On Monday, I glued little blue glass beads around the box to reflect the sunlight. Pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment